Ribbon Wall Hanging
Ribbon Wall Hanging: Easy DIY Project using old ribbons, and branch of a tree. Include Pattiewack tassels and a paper heart for added interest.
This Ribbon Wall Hanging is a really easy and fast project to make. It’s also a great way to use some pretty ribbon and lace scraps you might have.
If you are as obsessed with ribbon and lace as I am, you probably already have a stash of gorgeous trims and lace and ribbons that will make a super cute wall hanging.
Ribbon Wall Hanging Materials:
To make the wall hanging all you need is:
- ribbons in various widths, and materials
- various kinds of lace
- a birch branch
- Pattiewack Tassel Maker
How To Make It:
1. To begin making the wall hanging, tie some twine to each end of the branch to form the base of the wall hanging.
2. Then loop the ribbons, twine, and lace over the branch alternating widths, patterns, and textures. It’s so simple.
3. Trim the tails in a "V" by laying a ruler across the bottom and trim with scissors.
4. Now grab your Large Pattiewack Tassel Maker and wrap yarn around the tool 25 times.
5. Tie the top of the tassel with yarn that is double the length of the longest ribbon. Tie the neck of the tassel, leaving one end of the yarn longer on one side. Then cut the bottom of the tassel.
6. Slip the tassel off the end of the tool. Then form a loop with the short end of the yarn you tied at the neck. Wrap the longer end of the yarn several times around the neck, then thread it through the loop.
7. Pull the short end of the yarn and watch as the loop disappears inside the neck of the tassel. Trim off the ends and you're done! Make 2 or 3 more tassels in different sizes.
8. Tie the tassels onto the birch branch in different lengths. Add a sweet paper heart with ribbon for added interest. You could also add keys or charms, or photos to your wall hanging! Tie 36" of ribbon or trim to both ends of the branch to create a hanger, and you're ready to hang it anywhere you'd like!
I hung my Ribbon Wall Hanging in my design studio by my desk and I just love how it catches the sun and makes the ribbon shimmer.
I want to thank Life is a Party for the inspiration at:
You can personalize your wall hanging to suit your style, or to suit the person you are making it for. Make a Ribbon Wall Hanging for you, for a party, or as a gift.
And don't forget the TASSELS!